PPE Checklist for Industrial Safety
Starting a Personal Protective Equipment program for general industry? Follow the following checklist to ensure your program is OSHA compliant and your related trainings are efficient.
PPE Program and Training Checklist:
- Identify (in writing) steps taken to assess potential hazards in workplace.
- Identify appropriate PPE selection criteria.
- Identify how to train employees on use of PPE:
- What PPE is necessary.
- When PPE is necessary.
- How to Properly inspect PPE.
- Donning and adjusting PPE.
- Doffing PPE.
- Limitations of PPE.
- How to care for and store PPE.
- Identify how to assess employee understanding.
- Identify how to enforce use of PPE.
- Identify how to provide medical exams.
- Identify how and when to evaluate PPE program.