I needed a roof safety rail in a hurry, many other manufacturers had products that were not only much more expensive and had a much longer lead time. I had to change my order 3 times in 4 days and still got the products 3 days later.
What to Look for When Choosing a Guardrail
Is the Guardrail OSHA Compliant?
Yes, all of our guardrail is OSHA Compliant. OSHA's requirements for guardrail can be found on the OSHA website. We have a quick reference guide below for keeping your guardrail compliant.You must ensure that:
- The top rail is 42" tall from the walking surface.
- The middle rail is half way between the top rail and the walking surface.
- The rail is able to withstand a 200 lb. force in a downward or outward direction.
* It is important to note that you should always follow the manufacturer's installation instructions.
Do You Need a Permanent or Temporary Guardrail?
Permanent and temporary guardrails have their place on your rooftop. Temporary Guardrails are often used during construction activities, However, it is important to select the appropriate guardrail for your scenario.Here are a few questions for you to consider:
- How often are people accessing your roof?
- Do you have concerns about longevity?
- What kind of work is being done?